Saturday, February 17, 2007

To commemorate my 100th post, I will temporarily say goodbye - until further notice - to prinsesang labandera. Tsokolate na ang trip ko ngayon. Sa iba na muna kayo magpalaba. Nagsawa na kasi ako sa bubbles. Oo, alam ko, weird na inanounce ko ang pag-alis ko, pero ganun ako e. Haha.

http://chocolateferrari.blogspot.com/

Friday, February 16, 2007

99th post

Ironic. Kung kailan ako nagsawa sa blog na to, saka pa malapit magkaroon ng commemorative date.

At isang pang April Fools Day na kwento - nagkagalit kami ng housemate ko dahil akala niya hindi ko siya kinakausap at akala ko naman hindi niya ko kinakausap. Pareho naming inisip na mababaw ang isa't isa. O diba? Nakakahiya ang kwento, lalo pa't kung iisipin mo na Communication students kami. Needless to say, bati na kami ngayon.

Kailangan nang magkalas ng booth mamaya. Eto ang isa sa mga panahong iniisip ko na dapat may boyfriend ako na matangkad, may kotse, at willing utusan. Kahit for one day lang.

Ang daming bumisita nitong linggong ito - Hilda, Shamdja, Madz, Jay. Mamaya si Elay, Apeng, at Jesy. Ayos.

Nakita ko na si Ebe. Sa wakas.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Mean girl complex: The inexplicable need to be 'mean' and to assert power over others by means of mockery, subtle but malicious jokes, and threats of severing the 'friendship.'

Alipores complex: The inexplicable need to get on the good side of the mean girl due to fear that she and the gang will turn on you if you don't join in the 'fun.'


I know, I know. This is all freaking juvenile, so high school. I, too, thought that I had left this kind of mentality behind me when I left for college. Apparently not. I was too intricately woven in the whole mean girl system that I've only realize now (that I've been dismissed) how I've participated in something I abhor.

Anyway, at least I know now. Really, I do have rotten judgement. My fault is being trusting.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

The temperature here in LB is really getting to me. It is a bit paralyzing. Especially this weekend, when we were in Puypuy for my playwriting class workshop. Weird, it was just in Laguna, but somehow I felt it was so "probinsyang-probinsya". To which Jas replied: Tanggapin mo na, sa probinsya ka talaga nag-aaral. The mountain view was spectacular and inspiring.

Aside from the teeth-chattering weather, the workshop was a great learning experience. And I got to meet really great playwrights who were so kind to us - considering the quality of the plays our class wrote. I thought that I would regret coming, but I was wrong. It would be a total loss if I hadn't attended.

We didn't get to sleep though. My mind is so toxic. I want to lie in my bed, covered by my apple-green comforter, and sleep for 12 hours. I am that tired.

During one of the breaks in the workshop, someone sang "Insensitive". All the girls joined in. Haha, tells you about our bitter state of minds.

And I therefore conclude after the workshop that straight men are an endangered species. We have got to do something about it. Add that to the fact that about 65% of the straight men are jerks and chauvinists. Thank God for the remaining 35%.

Got my puppy from mam amy already. I originally planned to name it "Karenin" if it's a girl (from the dog in Unbearable Lightness of Being by Kundera), and "Kafka" if it's a boy (not meaning any disrespect for Franz Kafka, I just like the way it sounds). It is a boy. But he's so sad and he looks depressed that I am seriously considering calling him "Van Gogh".

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Ingredients for the perfect afternoon:

1. Gloomy and rainy but not stormy weather. Not too cold to need a jacket but cool enough not to use an electric fan.

2. Norah Jones playing in the background.

3. A cup of coffee. Mine was flavored Hazelnut.

4. Murakami's "Kafka on the Shore". Somehow Murakami's perfect for rainy days - brooding yet reflective.

Perfect days do not come as a gift, a wonderful package. What is given, I think, is just the potential to be 'perfect'. The rest is up to us. One must seize the opportunity to create the most fulfilling and satisfying moments.

The only thing that mar the afternoon is the fact that I shouldn't be reading at all. I should be sitting in front of the computer, finishing my manuscript.

I wasn't able to continue writing my manuscript until after I finshed "Kafka on the Shore". I don't quite know what to make of it. It's one of those books that you just have to finish yet I am hesitant to declare it as brilliant.

Also finished J.M. Coetzee's "Disgrace" which Jas lent me. I feel that I don't want to read anything for a while. I want his voice to linger in my mind.