Sunday, January 16, 2005

I thought.

When I was fifteen, I thought I was old. I thought I knew everything.

"I used to think I had the answers to everything."- I can't believe I'm quoting Britney :D

I thought I had experienced everything worth experiencing and I honestly thought that I was mature enough to be in a relationship- even marriage.

I also thought that my parents were big know-it-alls dictating how I should view life. I though they were condescending. I thought that I was such an intellectual and that my opinion matters- that if you, unfortunately, did not hear it, you missed half your life.

Now, all I know is 'that I know nothing'. Well, not completely nothing, but still nothing.

I also know that I am young, that I still have much to learn and much to see.

I revel in being young, being invincible. I delight in the fact that I still feel that I can take on the world, though I know the feeling will fade with time. I am glad that I am still relatively naive, that I am not yet cynical.

I am young. I have just a few responsibilities, learning included. I have no family to feed. I have all my time to myself.

I am still soft clay, ready to be molded. The people I meet, places I see, stuff I learn will leave permanent imprints. Anne (of Green Gables) said that when you're twenty, your character will be more or less shaped. Well, I'll be twenty in two years and I doubt the molding will stop.

Here I am, my Lord, my Potter. Mold me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lucy-Ann said...

im twenty and u won't be all done with the molding thing, believe me. God's got his work cut out with me! i used to sing britney and mean it and i used to read anne of green gables too! cheers for a good read!

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home