Friday, January 21, 2005

Pick me up when I fall

I am alone. My housemates are out- watching a concert. I don't know why I'm at the internet cafe when I don't have money anymore. Well, whatever. I just watched "In the time of the butterflies", a biopic of the Mirabal sisters who fought against the Dominican Republic's dictator, General Trujillo. It was an aftershock of last night's earthquake. I am reminded once more that though revolutionaries have a lot of passion and strength, it can only get you far enough. When you fall, you need others to help you stand up. As John Lennon said, "I get by with a little help from ny friends" or something to that effect (sorry i don't remember the exact quote). Anyway, I'm glad I have great friends.

When all else fail, would you be there to love me?
When all else fail, would you be brave to see right through me
- Same ground Kitche Nadal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home