Friday, June 10, 2005

I am so full of myself

i am no linguist. But i just realized that English is a conceited language. C'mon, the word 'I' is always in capital. It seems as if that it's the most important word in the language. In filipino, 'ako' is in the same size as 'ikaw', 'kami' o 'sila'- i think signifying 'pagkapantay-pantay at pakikisama.

i mean, what's the deal? In the English language 'I' always come first. 'I' have to be happy first. I, I, I. Does my welfare always have to come first? So now, i'm using a small letter 'i' for my blog entries. It's going to take a lot of getting use to. Old habits die hard.

But i'm still capitalizing it on my class papers or else i'll probably fail.

3 Comments:

Anonymous bulitas said...

i. i. i-e?
hehe.
Puro na lang i!
oo nga.

but maybe early american linguist failed to notice the implication of the "I" letter.ur quite an observer.hay.


ako.ako.ako. lagi na lang ako ang sinasabi mong din nagkokoment sa blog ko!

10:54 PM  
Anonymous quel said...

ang corny mo irvin. ilia di ko nabasa.
hehe

11:01 PM  
Blogger jonah no pants said...

u got a point there..
english is a stupid language!

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home