Thursday, April 20, 2006

A window to my future

It's amazing what a dress code, super cold air conditioned office and a single hour break can do to your brain. It's fun here--you get to edit articles, search the net and interview people through phone. We mostly sit around all day and afternoon, enriching our social awareness by reading the newspaper, articles in the net and learning current events.

I don't know. We don't do much but somehow I come home tired, hungry and drained. I get commute-sick from the bus and jeepney rides. And I can't seem to wake up on time therefore I always report late for work.

But being in the 'workplace' has given me a view of the world I will soon be part of. It's fun, it feels so independent. It will also be a nice break from constant studying and cramming. And I can't wait to feel how it's like to earn my own keep. But I guess I'm only saying this because I'm not really there - I'm not experiencing the real responsibilities and pressure.

But if there's one thing I know, I now understand why mama and papa are so irritated when they come home from work, why they want peace and quiet and why they like to eat nice things for dinner. When I have my own family, I will make my house a refuge and a place of comfort and peace. My house will be a place everyone will look forward to come home to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home