Wednesday, May 17, 2006

nostalgia and sentiments

Yesterday was my last day at Philippine Graphic for practicum work. Despite my constant complaints and wet blanket attitude, I still felt somehow sentimental when I finally left the Dominga building in Pasong Tamo for the last time. I realized that I've been attached to the people, the Imac computers, the entire environment and even the brainfreezing aircon.
I should really learn to count my blessings more. I feel that my summer was productive and fruitful because of Baguio leadership camp, kid's camp and completing 120 hours in a magazine and publishing company.

But I am itching to go back to school. I miss LB. I miss the trees, our porch, the buildings, and the FOOD - balat ng manok, proven, kwek-kwek and everything manang sells. I miss Pantas and Layb (my orgs)people, the poetry and short story workshops.

I miss the all-nighters and the laugh trips with batch mates until wee morn as though we all had an overdose of laughing gas. I miss the humanities department especially sir den's and mam amy's cubicles.

And I miss studying. Really. Studying beats encoding, editing, researching and sitting in a cold room for 9 hours. Haha, I'm complaining again. I really can't wait until the school year starts. It will be my last year in college and I am gonna squeeze all the fun I can get out of it.

4 Comments:

Blogger pinky said...

miss na kita!!!!!

2:58 PM  
Blogger bulitas said...

congrats sa practicum!

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Alvin said...

I know how you feel. Until now, I'm still longing for the good all days in school...

2:48 PM  
Blogger bananaducky said...

forgot to tell you i'm so happy - i have a place! tell you all about it on saturday.

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home