Monday, December 04, 2006

Surprisingly good surprises and a promise to keep

Kimi is back in Manila, and for good. She's now working here. I was so surprised because she didn't warn me ahead of time. I guess that's what surprises are all about. And I'm estatic. She was welcomed with shrieks and bear hugs. When their family moved away, it sort of signaled the end of an era. But now it seems that the glory days are coming back and I do hope so. As T. said, "it's nice to have again that someone who can speak your language."

Another suprise: M. finally shaved his again after I egged him about it nonstop. Of course, I'm giving the credit to myself. Hehe. Anyway, I'm just so glad to see him clean again.

On a sadder note, it's sad to realize that people you loved and spent a lifetime with have changed so radically you no longer have anything in common with them except a few memories of a time long past. We've drifted apart so much, you now resemble someone I wouldn't even be friends with.

I'm scared of you, I'm scared for you. I do not understand the person you have become. But I love the person that you were, the person that I believe is still there despite the frivolity and superficiality you now seem to possess.

So to whom will I be loyal? To your past, to your present, or to what you may turn out to be? I am loyal to you, I promised you friendship forever. And even if it breaks my heart to see you like this, I still love you and I pray that this is just a phase, that "This too, shall pass."




*bananaducky: I imitated your style of putting just the initial of the name, hehe.

1 Comments:

Blogger bananaducky said...

i adopted that style of referring to people from my friend durga (pero kilala ko rin naman yung mga tinutukoy ko) :)

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home