Sunday, December 17, 2006

when dreams come true

Ok, so Yeng won the title of Grand Star Dreamer. Predictable. It's not that I don't like her, because I do, but I think winning will not be good for her. Yeah right, since when is coming out on top bad for your career? But in her case, I believe it is.

There was something overwhelming about seeing all of them performing in Araneta (on TV). Even if you're just an apathetic viewer, you could see dreams being realized in front of your eyes. I can only imagine what it was like to see thousands of people coming to see them - them who were once nobodies. Asteeg. You can't help but be happy for them.

I read somewhere that if you didn't have any dreams left you might as well die. I guess dreams want to make you see another morning. Makes you want to get out of bed because maybe, just maybe, today will be the day.

I used to think that the ultimate question to find out who you're supposed to be with is "who do you want to spend the rest of your life with?" But somehow that's too easy. I can easily imagine a dozen future lives I'll potentially live. But those are just castles in the air. I don't even know yet what specific kind of life I want to lead let alone who I'll want to spend it with.

Perhaps the more apt question now is: Who do I want standing next to me, sharing my joy and triumph, when my dreams have finally come to pass?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home